The goal is to win tokens in your color (the players decide how many constitute victory). You win tokens by you or your opponent, unsurprisingly, aligning three cards of your color.
What makes this different from traditional tic tac toe is that:
1) Each player has a hand of five red or blue cards. Each turn one card is played and one drawn. Since the cards are shuffled and distributed randomly, you will often end up having to play your opponent's color.
2) The cards are numbered 1 to 9 (2 of each, so 18 cards per color). To place a new card on an existing card, whatever the color, the numbers must match.
3) The cards stay on the table once played and gameplay continues until the decided number of tokens is obtained.
4) Finally, there are a handful of cards that allow you to remove one card position or a whole row of cards.
- Tic Tac Toe: jeu de réflexion