Brass: Catalonia is based on applying the mechanics of Brass to the Industrial Revolution in Catalonia. The rules changes reflect the geographical constraints in Catalonia and the different process of industrialization.
To play, you will need the following from the files section:
- the jpg map of Catalonia.
- the new deck of cards (you can also get them at Artscow).
- the one-page rules booklet (in fact, three pages, but they are each in one language: Catalan, Spanish and English).
RULES CHANGES FROM BRASS
1. The Canal Period is now the Road Period.
2. In the Road Period, a player may have as many Level 1 industry tiles as they wish in a given location, if and only if they are all Level 1 industries; mixing of Level 1 and higher industry level tiles from the same player at the same location is not allowed.
3. The building of a cotton mill in a location with hydraulic power (marked with the turbine symbol) gives a price reduction of 2 PTA in buying coal.
4. You can sell cotton overland to the Peninsula as long as the cotton mill is not connected to any face-up port. In that case in the act of selling you just flip the mill counter to its other side.
5. Selling cotton to a Distant Market is also possible, but only through Barcelona, that needs an already built port.
(Source: rules booklet)
- Catalonia (fan expansion for Brass)