HIStory is a card game intended to provide an alternative to 'secular trading card games' that has a biblical theme. It is not itself a collectible card game - two different sets of cards have been published and appear to be stand-alone.
From the game website:
The word has been sent forth! The temple artifacts have been scattered! Calling all heroes of HIStory: Bring back the Ark of the Covenant, the Table of Shewbread, the Golden Lampstand! Return the Altar of Incense, the Altar of Burnt Offering, the Bronze Laver! Restore the temple of God for the dwelling of His Shekinah Glory!
Objective of the game
To win the game, players (up to a max of 3 players) races to bring as many artifacts as they can back to their respective temple. However, they have to carefully choose their champions and wisely use their enhancement cards.
How to Play (Summary of game play)
There are 2 ways to play the game. The following steps are for 2 players sharing a single pack of HIStory.
1) Group the cards into Champions, Enhancement & Artifacts
2) Players take turns to choose your team of champions until all the champions have been picked. (You should be have 6 champions each.)
3) Next, take turns to choose your enahancement until all have been taken.
1) Shuffle well the group of artifacts and pick & open 6 cards randomly. Selected the artifacts than can be played. (see Rules)
2) Both players chosen their champion and placed it faced down. Players can also opt to use their enhancement cards if they want to.
3) Once both players have done with their selection, they can open up their champion and enhancements.
4) Roll lotz (12 faced dice) to determine the victor.
5) Victor gets to bring the artifacts played into his temple. The games started all over again at step 1 of gane proper for the next challenge.
6) The first person who collected 13 artifacts wins the game.