[DUBBI] Darklight: Memento Mori

Discussioni generali sui giochi da tavolo, di carte (non collezionabili/LCG) o altri tipi di gioco che non hanno un Forum dedicato. Indicate sempre il gioco di cui parlate nel titolo dei vostri post e leggete gli annunci e gli adesivi dei moderatori per conoscere le altre norme che regolano il forum, come la guida per l'uso dei TAG nelle discussioni.

Moderatori: Agzaroth, romendil, Jehuty, rporrini, UltordaFlorentia, Hadaran

[DUBBI] Darklight: Memento Mori

Messaggioda Fool_Jester » 11 apr 2018, 12:07

Inauguro l'inevitabile thread con una ottima lista di FAQ's trovata su BGG.
Un buon punto di partenza anche se è in inglese (magari la tradurrò un po' alla volta).

Ecco a voi:

-If I am not mistaken If my character opens a door I cannot move through that door even If I still got movement points? This is because the exploration phase is before the turn phase.
-You can step on the door squares but, you cannot move through the next room until it is explored (which happens before player turns)

-Do you get all 4 level 1 skill cards at the beginning of a game or do you just chose one?
-You only get to chose 1 skill card on character creation.

-If we spawned monsters during the last round and now have to draw another monster card, do monsters spawn again? It seems a bit weird since the door is closed and there is no way monsters can ambush from anywhere.
-Doors cannot close, unless an Event specifically says so, also story wise they could be coming out of walls, were hiding in shadows all along, crawling out of holes, through demonic portals and so on.

-During the dread roll, do you have an hazard event only if the marker stops on the grim warden space, or even if it surpasses its space?
-Only when it stops there
Pg 22:
"If the Darkness Marker lands on an empty space, nothing
happens and play continues to the next Phase. If the
Darkness Marker lands on the Grim Warden space
(number 7) then the group must roll 1d6 and resolve the
effects of the result shown on the Journey Hazard chart."

-One more question: on the rulebook you say that monsters gain a perk beginning from level 4, but on the monster cards it seems they gain a perk from level 2...
-What is written on the Monster cards is correct, the manual has a typo.

-One can give up his attack phase to move again? Its said on the reference chart, but I cannot find it in the basic game rules.
-pg. 15
"In the Attack Phase an Accursed can use any number of
Melee and Ranged Attacks available to them provided they
have weapons Equipped with the requisite Keywords; so
if they have 1 Ranged and 2 Melee Attacks and at least
one Equipped item with each Keyword, they may deal all
3 Attacks per Turn. Attacks are explained in the Combat
Section. Accursed can give up their Attack Phase entirely
to Move or to take a Search Action as explained below"

-Another question about using the heart. If we used the heart at the beginning of a round, can we use the heard again during the same round or can we just use it once per round but then we could spend all heart tokens?
-As stated by the rules the heart can be used at anytime during a round, so long as it is not done before or after an action (like during someone's movement or attack).
So you can use all of your Uses at once or as many as you want during the whole round.

-Why many melee monsters have ranged attacks? How are they supposed to use them?
-If you refer to the Mosnter cards stats, they are there in case you feel creative and want to do an alternative of the same Monster, for instance Grim Cultists with crossbows. Mainly a Roleplaying aid.

-For example, I am attacked by 3 melee monsters, each with a 1/3+ attack; I roll 3 dice at once or make each attack separately? Also, if I tumble away from an attack, and I move out of range from all 3 attackers, have I dodged all their attacks?
-So the roll all attack together thing, you can do it to save time in certain situations like when you know you cannot Tumble and there are no other Accursed in range if you get killed. But you have to be careful, because remember each attack can be a Crit and it deals with Endurance and Armour individually.
Tumble can be used to avoid 3 attacks if you Tumble right after the first because the other 2 will not have a target anymore (unless of course another Accursed is in range or they have Ranged attacks).

-May you answer to my question made before: "if I am adjacent to an enemy in my turn and decide not to tumble away to move, may I regain 1 stamina?"
-If you didn't move for that turn of course you can regain Stamina, remember you are using your Movement Phase to regain Stamina, while Tumbling is only something you do to avoid attacks or disengage Threat.

-Also, playing the game, i see that a dungeon may become a loooot large if you are unlucky finding the quest room. Honestly, I have space issues XD
Have you ever thought about the possibility to "thin" the dungeon deck? Maybe taking away one or two cards from the first and second half of the dungeon deck? Balancing in some way, of course.

-We usually direct the dungeon in a way so it does not go off the table, but if that still happens we usually simply move what we have explored so far slightly away and keep on exploring from another side of the table. You will rarely need to find your way back to the start unless you are running away and pfft... who does that?!

-I have 2 Questions:
1.) Since the Darkness Rolls seem to continue to happen during a longer lasting combat it is possible to get Event cards drawn. Do they activate in the the Event Stage even if "In Combat"? Or are such events drawn collected until "Out Of Combat" and then activated in the Event Stage? Thus the Event Stage is skipped like the Exploration Stage if "In Combat"?
2.) If upper is wrong, when is there the mentioned (p.13) possibility of several event cards placed on a tile.

-1. They activate even if in combat.
2. You can get a darkness roll of 1, gain an event card, then reveal a new room through exploration and get another Event card beneath the previous. Also do not forget Event cards only activate if you are within the tile which contains them, so if you do not activate them, then later walk within that map tile and end up having another darkness roll of 1 and get another Event, you could have even 3 on the same spot.

-Can an Accursed spend stamina to evade/tumble the hit?
-Yes, you can tumble away to avoid it completely, or use dodge to mitigate damage (remember you do not use your armour value when suffering a critical hit but you do get your endurance). Only Armour is denied when suffering Criticals

-Does the "Unstoppable" skill of the nephilim substitute his basic skill of healing/recovering stamina, or he may use both in the same turn, i.e. spending 5 fury?
Also, it seems that the nephilim is super-powerful at level 1 already, is this intentional?

-It adds another way to spend fury, so yes you can use them both
This goes for all of his skills which uses Fury

-Also, level 2 faceless ones are unfightable, unless I'm missing something major, 4 hits doing 2 insanity damage on each turn makes most heroes pop instantly!
Their perks are 2 insanity instead of 1 on a 1-2 or 5-6 and they hit on a 3+ (2/3 times). Most frontliners have lousy mind attributes and worse insanity, so fairly likely they take the full 4 hits, which, if I'm doing it right is 8 insanity a turn? The no tumbling means they can't even get away!

-Why would they get 2 hits insanity? They get to roll 4 dice and only 50% of those will hit, also the Accursed can mitigate the insanity by rolling Mind
I will give you that they are the most dangerous foes when it comes to Insanity, well except someone else (no spoilers).
There are a few strategies to deal with these guys believe me, I do not want to spoil it for you though, they are far from unkillable
Just try to think of your options and do not treat them the same way you treat all of your other encounters.

-What are your options when it's your turn as an Accursed, out of combat?
-So far, we found that you can
- move
- open doors (that are then explored in the next round)
- rest (no move, recover stamina)
- search (if there is a chest in your room)
- cast spells/miracles
- use consumables
- rolling for darkness
did we miss something important?
you can trade items and if you have the environment deck interact with .
Don't forget whenever exploring any map tile you also move the darkness marker!

-What are the starting skills for a character? All Level 1 skills? Do I take only one or all of them?
-when you make your character. Everyone starts with 1 lvl 1 skill .

-What are starting spells/miracles? Or do you only get what is mentioned under starting equipment of your character card?
-Miracles are drawn fresh and random every quest.

-If you give up your movement for Stamina regeneration, can you still move with your attack action?
-You can Move twice during a turn by using your attack action to move again, so essentially you are not running but walking when you use movement +stamina regeneration (thematically speaking).

-When the last enemy dies. Do the rest of the characters that didn't have a turn yet still get a turn, now out of combat? And if so, could they then decide again in which order to go, since combat is over?
-Yes they do. As the rules specify only in combat you move in initiative order, outside of combat you can move in any order you wish, so the remaining 2-3 Accursed may decide once again in which order to take their turns.

-After defeating the last enemy, do you automatically get the reward or do you need to do a search action for that?
-Always happens automatically, if you forget, the Grim Warden comes and takes the souls from them instead

-Can you evade or tumble an event? (To reduce the damage and possibly avoid dying)
-Only if the Event specifically deals an Attack, not Damage or Wounds.

-Can you evade or tumble a magical attack? (Fire gaze for instance)
-Tumble can only be used on Melee or Ranged attacks so unless they are specifically listed as such, no, they cannot.

-can you tumble twice to avoid an attack? (against a dead worm for instance)
-Yes you can, the Skorn Warlord for instance will keep attacking and moving toward you even if you Tumble, so you will need to tumble several times if you wish to avoid all of his attacks.

-can the shaman make its magical attacks when threatened?
-Yes, only Ranged attacks cannot be made if adjacent an enemy.

-what happens when the black knight fails its parry skill? (Do you still use your evade damage reduction or just the armor+endurance)
-You are using Parry instead of Evading, so essentially you are swapping the two. Just like you cannot take several Evasions you cannot take a Parry, then an Evasion.

-are they special rules concerning corner and movements? I mean can you move between a corner and a monster/accursed ?
-Yes, there are no issue with moving through corners, non at all, to the rules they are as adjacent as squares on the sides.

-if the bearer of the curse heart is killed, can you immediately revive him with a curse heart charge?
-Unless he is the last one standing yes because you can essentially immediately pass it over to someone else, this person declares he is using t he Cursed Heart, then the Heart is immediately transferred back to the one who was dead.

-do melee monsters follow their target or go after the closest accursed if their initial target has fled? (If the blood witch runs away from a monster and my black knight is closer but note adjacent to that monster, who will the monster targets then ?
-Unless the monster has a unique behaviour you must always keep in mind the rules of "Evenly distribution" so if each Accursed has already 1 Skorn targeting them, and the one who has just moved away is in range, then the remaining Skorn will move against them, but if out of range then will target any of the other available Accursed (as always the Group leader gets to decide in case of multiple options).

-An Exorcist can only use the Vita option if there are options.
The Curch location states: Pick one of the options.
Only one has a Vita symbol though: Pray
Does that mean an Exorcist can only pray in the curch and none of the other options?

-Not quite, let me explain.
The rules states that when you are given options, so if you have a list of 10 things you can do and one of them has the symbol of Vita, you MUST pic kit, however when you visit the Church you must first choose an activity, so you are not yet given the symbol of Vita option. Once you have chosen the activity THEN you deal with the symbol.
It seems strange because there is only 1 option, however this does make sense if you are the Necromancer who is not allowed to do activities with the symbol of Vita (essentially if you are him and select the activity pray, you would waste you visit.

-I have trouble understanding Duellist's „Inspire“ skill in combination with it's level 5 upgrade.
So „Inspire“ states it is for all attacks of an Accursed that uses it. And the upgrade says that this effect can now be used twice by all effected.
Questions:
1. Is Inspire meant to be used by each Acursed in this round? Or only the first one to use it?
2. This then depends on the first answer, but: Does that mean two characters can use it? Or does it mean the +1 Hit bonus per 3 Charisma doubles?

-1. "Inspire yourself and all allies within LoS" Meaning everyone in the party is inspired. Then it explain what it means to be inspired and it reads "until the end of this round or until used" meaning that once they have been used the effects are gone.
So basically, every character in the group gets 1 inspire until used, and they get 2 inspired when they gain the skill card "Idolized"
2.I think this was answered in point 1.

-In the Village one of us wanted to buy Lockpick Consumable, but we could not find the right location for buying those. I am sure I just missed the right passage, but can please someone give me a nudge were to buy those? The other Consumables I could find easily.
-So the Lockpicks open the rare loot chests which are meant to be a quite big, satisfying thing to get, therefore lockpicks are scarce and can only be found while opening regular chests.
My advice is, if it starts becoming a problem in your games, like if a design decision like this does not sit right with your group, make a personal rule like, give the ability to buy Lockpicks at the Blacksmith for c50. During our tests we have never seemed to run into the issue of missing lockpicks.

-Does the mount ability "Increase Carry Weight by..." (Stables location) increase the carry limit during questing in dungeons, too? (Do they enter the dungeon???)
-Carrying Weight is global, so yeah always, so long as you have that Stable animal currently in use for the travelling. Do they enter dungeons? Maybe they wait outside? That's entirely up to you

-Where/ how do I get the Materials (Demonite Shard, Raw Nethirium...) needed for the "Craft" at the Blacksmith location?
-Spoilers territory. I cannot answer it, but you will find out ^^

-Does every Accursed need his own House location to use its full possibilities? Seems like only the "Bedroom" may be used by non-owning Accursed, while Hearth/Storage/Kitchen/Baths/Study is restricted to the Owner of the house only. Correct?
-This is a tricky one. Design wise no you cannot share your house, the rules do not mention other Accursed may do so (the reason for this is purely from the point of view that the Accursed may hate one another, like the Exorcist hating the Necromancer/Outcast, and we didn't want to bog down on pages of rule on who can invite whom or create disadvantages based on Accursed choice). However our testing groups always house ruled that you may, so I do not see this is a problem (except that you save on quite a lot of money, making the game a little easier if you all pool in). The reason why the bedrooms have multiple beds is because of adoptions so you will need the extra beds.

-Just to make sure: although you might use your Attack phase for a move instead, you may not change that move in a 2nd Stamina Refill? (so no double Stamina Refill in one round: 1 + 1 = 2?)
-You may not, only the Movement Action can be traded.

-What meaning has the different colored Background on the item name of the cards?
-I cannot recall right now on which page it is written, essentially these are the rarity of the item Red: Common, Green: Rare, Purple: Unique. Might be somewhere within the Roleplaying rules.

-Damage spells like "Devil's Breath: Target 2 characters adjacent..."; does it have to be exactly two targets or can it be UP to 2 targets? So can I use it even only on 1 appropiate target?
-Up to. Unless it is usually preceeded by the words "you must target..." then it is not a forced rule to have at least 2 characters.

-When using the offensive Miracle "Golden Wings" may I ignore the current threat area and its usual effect on movement? It says "place yourself" instead of move...
-Yup, in all situations I can think of, if a spell a miracle or rule makes you do something exceptional, you end up ignoring threat areas.

-I do not understand the 2nd part of the Heirloom "Vial of Blood". What does "if you are not tied to the Cursed Heart" mean?
-The Revenant is not tied to the Cursed Heart as per his special rule, also there are optional rules to play your characters outside of the Cursed Heart, so you cannot be healed or resurrected by it.
Immagine
Online Fool_Jester
Saggio
Saggio

Goblons: 0.00
Utente Bgg: FoolJester
Mercatino: Fool_Jester

Re: [DUBBI] Darklight: Memento Mori

Messaggioda Agzaroth » 14 apr 2018, 11:54

Banale: non ho capito come si passa di livello :hmm:
Immagine
Online Agzaroth
Black Metal Goblin
Black Metal Goblin

TdG Editor
Top Author 1 Star
Top Reviewer 2 Star
Top Uploader 2 Star
TdG Organization Plus
TdG Top Supporter

Goblons: 18,800.00
Utente Bgg: Agzaroth
Mercatino: Agzaroth
Puerto Rico Fan HeroQuest Fan Sono un cattivo Membro della giuria Goblin Magnifico The Great Zimbabwe Fan Race Formula 90 Alta Tensione Fan Caylus Fan Lewis & Clark Fan Io gioco col nero Ho partecipato ad una lettura condivisa dei Goblins Il trono di spade Fan Brass fan Antiquity fan Iron Maiden fan Podcast Fan Podcast Maker Ventennale Goblin Gears Of War Fan El Grande Fan Glenn More Fan

Messaggioda Claudio77 » 14 apr 2018, 12:02

Agzaroth ha scritto:Banale: non ho capito come si passa di livello :hmm:

Se ho capito bene... Devi trovare una Accursed Guild (special location) e cacciare fuori le souls richieste... Questo DOPO il dungeon, eh, quando viaggi per cercare gli insediamenti. Non c'è un levelup durante il dungeon che io sappia.
Offline Claudio77
Gran Maestro
Gran Maestro

Goblons: 20.00
Mercatino: Claudio77

Messaggioda Morg » 14 apr 2018, 13:13

Che nabbo....

:rotfl:

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk
Offline Morg
Goblin
Goblin

TdG Editor

Goblons: 110.00
Utente Bgg: Morg87
Board Game Arena: Morg
Mercatino: Morg
Sono stato alla Gobcon 2016 Io gioco col viola Ho partecipato ad una lettura condivisa dei Goblins Il Signore Degli Anelli fan Ho contribuito alla Visibility della Play 2016! I love American

Messaggioda s83m » 14 apr 2018, 13:16

Sei proprio banale
Offline s83m
Grande Saggio
Grande Saggio

Goblons: 80.00
Utente Bgg: s83m
Board Game Arena: s83m
Mercatino: s83m
Sono stato alla Gobcon 2016 Triade, il verde e' troppo verde... Birra fan Breaking Bad fan Al cavaliere nero nun je devi rompe er c***o! Io faccio il Venerdi GdT! Podcast Maker Io gioco Classico Inspectres Fan

Messaggioda s83m » 14 apr 2018, 13:54

Confermo però quanto detto da Claudio77. All'accursed Guild scambi le souls per livellare. Ogni livello pari, oltre ad una nuova skill card, puoi guadagnare o un +1 ad un attributo (ma mai 2 di fila sullo stesso) o un +4 Health e +1 in sanity. A tot lvl si guadagnano ulteriori attacchi, secondo la tabella in fondo alla Gilda.

Per trovare la Gilda ci sono due modi:

Quando si va verso una città si pescano casualmente le special location (simula un'esplorazione totale nel mondo esterno)

Oppure

Si decide come sarà composto l'accampamento, con le relative special location
Offline s83m
Grande Saggio
Grande Saggio

Sono stato alla Gobcon 2016 Triade, il verde e' troppo verde... Birra fan Breaking Bad fan Al cavaliere nero nun je devi rompe er c***o! Io faccio il Venerdi GdT! Podcast Maker Io gioco Classico Inspectres Fan

Messaggioda hoplomus » 14 apr 2018, 14:08

In verità il modo in cui si trovano le special location è descritto nel regolamento, non vengono pescate a caso.
Offline hoplomus
Illuminato
Illuminato

Goblons: 60.00
Mercatino: hoplomus

Messaggioda s83m » 14 apr 2018, 14:15

E' una Optional Rule
Offline s83m
Grande Saggio
Grande Saggio

Messaggioda Boiler » 15 apr 2018, 9:54

Oltre all'equip tramite ricompensa, nelle quest singole c'è modo di fare qualche upgrade oppure tutte le anime che ottengo sono perse? Non parlo di livellare, solo di equipaggiamento.
Offline Boiler
Goblin
Goblin

Tdg Super Moderator

Goblons: 8,000.00
Utente Bgg: boiler7
Board Game Arena: boiler7
Yucata: boiler7
Mercatino: Boiler
Sei nella chat dei Goblins Seasons Fan The Great Zimbabwe Fan Cthulhu Wars Fan Hai fatto l'upload di 20 file Alta Tensione Fan Le Havre Fan Lords of Waterdeep fan Io gioco col blu Ho partecipato ad una lettura condivisa dei Goblins Frush fan Io odio Traico! :D Raffaello fan Saint Seiya fan Ilsa Magazine fan Pizza fan I viaggi di Marco Polo fan Cactuar fan Cloud Strife fan Ovetto Kinder fan Race for the galaxy fan Podcast Fan Podcast Maker Telegram Fan I love German Great Western Trail Fan K2 Fan Kepler 3042 Fan Madeira Fan Orleans Fan Shakespeare Fan Mac Gerdts Fan First Class Fan

Messaggioda Baraldi82 » 15 apr 2018, 13:00

Piccolo dubbio, la search action si può fare anche se gli accursed sono in combat? Mi pareva di no ma non trovo più dove lo avevo letto.
Offline Baraldi82
Iniziato
Iniziato

Mercatino: Baraldi82

Messaggioda hoplomus » 15 apr 2018, 14:40

Boiler ha scritto:Oltre all'equip tramite ricompensa, nelle quest singole c'è modo di fare qualche upgrade oppure tutte le anime che ottengo sono perse? Non parlo di livellare, solo di equipaggiamento.
Non c'è modo di fare upgrade, come specificato da Mauro la quest singola serve a sviscerare le regole base per poi passare alle advanced.
Offline hoplomus
Illuminato
Illuminato

Goblons: 60.00
Mercatino: hoplomus

Messaggioda Boiler » 15 apr 2018, 15:58

Quindi mi stai dicendo che non salterà mai fuori né una forgia dentro ad un dungeon, né un fabbro zoppo, né una rivendita di oggetti "smarriti", niente di niente.

Soffro.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk
Offline Boiler
Goblin
Goblin

Tdg Super Moderator

Goblons: 8,000.00
Utente Bgg: boiler7
Board Game Arena: boiler7
Yucata: boiler7
Mercatino: Boiler
Sei nella chat dei Goblins Seasons Fan The Great Zimbabwe Fan Cthulhu Wars Fan Hai fatto l'upload di 20 file Alta Tensione Fan Le Havre Fan Lords of Waterdeep fan Io gioco col blu Ho partecipato ad una lettura condivisa dei Goblins Frush fan Io odio Traico! :D Raffaello fan Saint Seiya fan Ilsa Magazine fan Pizza fan I viaggi di Marco Polo fan Cactuar fan Cloud Strife fan Ovetto Kinder fan Race for the galaxy fan Podcast Fan Podcast Maker Telegram Fan I love German Great Western Trail Fan K2 Fan Kepler 3042 Fan Madeira Fan Orleans Fan Shakespeare Fan Mac Gerdts Fan First Class Fan

Messaggioda s83m » 15 apr 2018, 20:11

Memento Mori Boiler
"For Them, the only honorable death is one that leaves a crater"
Offline s83m
Grande Saggio
Grande Saggio

Messaggioda riccardo favalli » 17 apr 2018, 15:13

Domanda, ma quando un pg muore permanentemente il suo equip e l'oro che fine fanno? Dice che gli oggetti cessano di avere effetto ma non che fine fanno (o non l'ho trovato io).
"Sono responsabile di quello che dico, non di quello che capiscono gli altri"
Offline riccardo favalli
Saggio
Saggio

Mercatino: riccardo favalli

Messaggioda s83m » 17 apr 2018, 17:27

Non é specificato. Per me si possono lasciare lì dov é il token eroe e chi ci passa sopra può prendere ciò che vuole (limite del peso permettendo ad esclusione delle souls)
"For Them, the only honorable death is one that leaves a crater"
Offline s83m
Grande Saggio
Grande Saggio

Prossimo

Torna a [GdT] Giochi da Tavolo, di Carte e altri Giochi