III. You and your opponent roll your total amount of dice.
• Resolve ties: All tieing dice are set aside from play on a 1for1
basis from the Active dice, but are not removed (Instants
and Abilities may alter their results or bring them back into play.) The player with the highest remaining die result wins!
• Counters: If you Counterattacked with a card that has the Counter icon, you keep all of your tieing dice in play while your
opponent removes theirs from play, as per tie rules.
• Example 1: You roll three 4s. Your opponent rolls one 4. One of your 4s and your opponent’s 4 are removed from play,
leaving you with two 4s still in play.
• Example 2: You and your opponent both roll a 2. You move those dice aside from the active dice and they are considered
nullified. You then play an Instant that allows you to reroll 1 die—you reroll your 2 and get a 3 instead, turning what was
once a nullified die into a Success.
IV. Determine who has won Combat: The player with the highest remaining die result wins the attack!
• If a Defense Roll is successful, no damage is inflicted and no effects resolve, unless otherwise noted by a card or ability.
V. The player that won determines their Attack’s successes by counting the number of die results which are higher than their
opponent’s highest die result. That number=X. Their Attack has X successes.
• Example: You rolled a 12, 10, 5 and 5. Your opponent rolled a 10, 5 and 2. The 10s and 5s tie, so your 10 and one of
your 5s is removed from play. Their 10 and 5 is removed from play. Your remaining die results are 12 and 5. Your opponent’s
remaining die result is a 2. Your 12 is the highest result, so you have won Combat. Your 12 and your 5 are higher
than your opponent’s 2, so you have 2 successes.
VI. The winning Attack’s Rules text is resolved: The Rules text may inflict additional damage, Forcefully Move players, Trigger abilities,
require Recovery Rolls, generate tokens in players’ Cooldown Meters, or have other effects.
• To perform a Recovery Roll, roll 1 Attack die, by default. On a result of 7 or higher on a single die, you succeed. On a roll of 6 or
lower, you fail