Caesar campaign's in Britannia: 55 & 54BC
THE GAME PLAY
To win, Caesar has to score points. He gains points when:
- He explores unknown regions
- He submits British tribes
- He returns in Gaul with his legions British hostages and booty
To win the Celtic has to prevent Caesar from marking points.
The first expedition lasts one month and Caesar has only two legions. It's very difficult for him to disembark.
The second expedition lasts two months. Caesar has 5 legions and the famous Gallic cavalry.
Actions in the game
A player takes an action with a chief, and then the other player takes an action too.
- Recruit (only for the Tribes, random units)
- Ravage (only for the Romans)
- Play a Stratagem (special real historical action)
- submit a tribe (for the roman player)
- Caesar special actions
- it can boost recruitment and reinforcement
- you gain it with battle victory and ravage
- 4 tactical choices (units in first line can make critical hit but are the first to die)
- the best general has rerolls
- fire phase
- 2 melee phases
- Chariot actions: flee, dismount, special attack...
- bretons counters are hidden (not the number but the unity)
Available with French rules, but English rules can be downloaded from Vae Victis website.
- Caesar Imperator: Britannia