Civilization CHR is an alternate gaming system for "Sid Meier's Civilization" from Eagle Games (2002).
Consider it as a group-up rewrite of the original game still using all of the original components adding new cards and pieces.
The game mechanics are similar to the original one but enhanced and revised to make it a whole new experience for a typical "Civilization" fan.
Civilization CHR goals are:
1) Add variety to game strategies
2) Reduce the "Risk effect"
3) Reduce Luck (introducing balancing rules)
4) Give a chance to catch up on to unlucky players
5) Implement some additional PC game rules
6) Increase realism and players interaction
7) General game speed up (slowed down by new rules)
8) Better time management in slow phases or deadlocks
9) Having more "suspense" with destabilizing or unpredictable events
10) Increase simultaneous player goals
This boardgame cannot be purchased because it is free, so it has to be downloaded and "printed" from the publisher. In addition to this, you must own the original "Sid Meier's Civilization" from Eagle Games.
Sid Meier's Civilization: The Boardgame
- Civilization CHR